Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/4 C chicken broth
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 C broccoli, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 2 Tbs. water
In a bowl, mix first four ingredients and stir well. Set sauce aside.
In a wok or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add chicken, onion and garlic and cook 1 minute without stirring. Stir-fry about 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Transfer chicken mixture to clean bowl.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add broccoli and green bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add water, cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Return chicken mixture skillet or wok. Pour sauce mixture over chicken and vegetables and cook for 1 minute.