Spicy Indian Chicken Over Pasta
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 13.25 oz. box Barilla penne (cook to al dente using directions on the box)
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- ½ lb. chicken breast, chopped in chunks
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped garlic
- 3 tsp. chili powder (or Telugu masala)
- 1 25 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 tsp. chopped parsley
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the chicken and brown. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the chili power and saute for 30 seconds. Then add the spaghetti sauce, salt, and pepper. Turn the heat to low and cook for five minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the penne in a large pot to al dente. Remove two tablespoons of the cooking water, drain the penne and return it to the pot. Add the sauce to the penne and toss over medium heat. Add the two tablespoons of cooking water and coat pasta in sauce, turning over to evenly distribute. Remove from heat after two minutes. Garnish with parsley.