Spicy Italian Meatball Rolls
Serving Size / Yield
- 24 Freezer Meatballs*
- 2 C Italian Sauce* (or one 15 1/2 oz jar meatless spaghetti sauce)
- 1 Med Onion (sliced)
- 1 Med Green pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 Tbs Butter (or margarine)
- 6 French rolls (or hoagie rolls) split and toasted
- 1/4 C Grate Parmesan cheese
In a medium size saucepan, combine Freezer Meatballs* and the Italian Sauce* (or spaghetti sauce).
Simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook onion and green peppers in butter (or margarine) until tender. To serve, place four meatballs on each roll bottom. Spoon some of the onion mixture over the meatballs. Spoon tomato sauce atop; top with Parmesan cheese. Add roll tops.
*Freezer Meatballs recipe located in this program
*Italian Sauce recipe located in this program