Spicy Mexican Chocolate Almond Ice Cream
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 C. whole chocolate milk
- 2 C. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 8 oz. good quality chocolate (semi-sweet, bittersweet, or milk)
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract, to taste
- 1 Tbs. cold coffee
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 2-oz pkg. Olomomo Righteous Cinnamon & Cayenne Almonds, chopped
In a blender or food processor chop or pulse the chocolate and the sugar until the chocolate is very fine. Heat the chocolate milk until barely bubbling around the edges and pour into the chocolate sugar mixture. Add the cayenne pepper, cinnamon and coffee and process until well-blended and very smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and cool the mixture completely. Whisk in the heavy cream and vanilla. Chill for at least 1 hour, longer is better, to allow the flavors to blend. Pour into your ice cream maker and process for about 20 - 30 minutes following the manufacturer's directions. Add the chopped nuts 5 minutes before the ice cream is done. Remove from ice cream maker and freeze for about 2 hours to firm up the ice cream.