Spicy Onion Scallion Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- ¼ medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, julienned
- 1 Tbs Korean red pepper powder
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
Chill onion and scallions in a bowl of cold water, until scallions curl.
Whisk pepper powder, sugar, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon water in other bowl. Let sit and whisk occasionally until sugar is dissolved and sauce looks shiny.
Drain onion and scallions and dry. Transfer to bowl with sauce. Add vinegar and toss to coat, then serve.