Spicy Pineapple Pork Chili (Crockpot)
- 1 lb. lean boneless pork, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 C. dried small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 C. hot water
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder (or more or less to taste)
- 1 tbsp cumin (or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
In a 3-1/2-quart electric slow cooker, combine the pork, beans, hot water, tomatoes with their liquid, tomato paste, juice from pineapple chunks, chilies, onion, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder; mix well. Cover and cook on the low heat setting 8-1/2 to 9 hours until the pork and beans are tender, stirring once halfway through the cooking time, if possible. Stir in the pineapple chunks and serve.
Serves 4 to 6.