Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 lbs. pork Shoulder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2-1 Tbs. salt
- pepper to taste
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2-1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1-2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 an onion
- Lime Wedges
1) Rinse and pat dry the pork shoulder.
2) In a food processor, blend the oregano, chili powder, salt, cumin, black pepper, garlic, white wine vinegar, brown sugar, and olive oil.
3) Quarter the onion and add it to the processor. Blend.
4) Rub the mixture thoroughly into the pork shoulder.
5) In a 300 degree oven, place the pork in a roasting pan with a couple cups of water. Cover with foil, tightly, and turn once every for 3-4 hours. Check for tenderness.
6) Once it's tender, turn the oven up to 375, and (with skin up) roast for 15-20 minutes until crispy. Shred after at least 15 minutes.
7) Once shredded, pour juices from pan over top.
8) Serve with whatever tortillas or chips, and dressings you'd like.
(photo cred: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pulled-pork-tacos-10000001873141/)