Spinach and Cheese Puffs
Serving Size / Yield
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, chopped, drained
- 1/2 C. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dill, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, rolled to a 12 in. square
1) In a large bowl, mix the drained spinach, feta, onion, garlic and dill with olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Beat one egg and add to the mixture, mixing very well.
2) Cut the puff pastry into nine squares. Place each square into a muffin tin or ramekin, pushing the bottoms down so that the corners are sticking up. Add the filling and fold the corners of pastry over the filling, pinching together in the center. You can chill the puffs overnight at this point, if desired.
3) Heat the oven to 400°.Brush the pastries with the remaining beaten egg. Bake the puffs for 25 minutes or until golden and puffed up. Cool before serving.