Spinach Artichoke Dip Pasta
Serving Size / Yield
- 6 Tbs. butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pkg. fresh baby spinach
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 3 C. whole milk
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/2 C. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-1/2 C. mozzarella (or Monterey Jack cheese), grated
- 1/2 C. low sodium chicken broth
- 12 oz. penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1/2 C. seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1. In a large pot or skillet melt 2 Tbs. of butter. Add garlic and spinach to melted butter. Stir ingredients together for about 1 minute, or until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach from skillet; set aside.
2. In the same pot, a add 2 more Tbs. of butter and raise the heat to high. Add in the halved artichokes and sauté until they are slightly brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove artichokes; set aside.
3. Reduce heat to low and add the remaining 2 Tbs. of butter to the same pot. Sprinkle in flour and whisk to combine. Pour in milk and combine. Cool the mixture for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it starts thickening.
4. Stir in Parmesan, mozzarella/Monterey Jack, salt, pepper and cayenne. (If the mixture is too thick, add chicken broth to thin it out.)
5. Add pasta and artichokes to the mixture; gently toss to combine. Fold in spinach. Pour the Pasta into a serving bowl.
6. To serve, sprinkle with Panko breadcrumbs and crushed red pepper flakes.