Spinach Mascarpone Dip
Serving Size / Yield
- 16 oz. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and excess water removed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher or sea salt (1/4 teaspoon table salt)
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg (freshly grated if you have)
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper powder
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 4-5 minutes over medium heat
4. Add spinach and saute until it’s warm, but still bright green; approximately 30 seconds.
5. Season and toss with spices. Turn off the heat and stir in the mascarpone cheese and the grated Parmesan.
6. Pour into 2 (1 cup ea) bowls or ramekins (oven-safe) and bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is bubbling around the edges.
7. Serve warm with french or pita bread, celery sticks, carrots or whatever you desire.