Spinach Salad with Roquefort Lime Dressing
- 1 head hydroponic lettuce
- 2 C. fresh baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 2 heads endive
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 red apples, sliced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 C. pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
- 1/4 C. fresh parsley, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 C. radishes, sliced thin
- 1 C. grape tomatoes
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 lb. Roquefort cheese
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- reserved pineapple juice
- juice from 1 fresh lime
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seed
1. Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place in a salad bowl with spinach leaves.
2. Cut bottom off endive heads, separate and clean leaves and cut into 1-inch pieces. Add to bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and toss together with lemon juice.
1. Mash Roquefort with a fork.
2. Add juices, garlic, mayonnaise and seeds and mix together well.