Spinach Spirals with Roasted Eggplant and Tomatoes
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 med. eggplant (4 C.), cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 lg. onion, halved and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 tsp. Eden Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 C. Eden Selected Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pkg. Eden Organic Spinach Spirals
- 1/4 C. pitted halved Kalamata olives
- 1/2 C. finely grated organic parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a roasting pan, combine eggplant, onion, tomatoes, salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss to evenly coat. Roast 45 minutes until tender, tossing halfway through. Cook pasta according to directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add roasted eggplant mixture, olives and parmesan cheese. Toss to coat, adding 1/4 to 1/2 cup reserved pasta water, if desired. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 308 Calories, 10g Fat (30% calories from fat), 9g Protein, 45g Carbohydrate, 6g Fiber, 0mg Cholesterol, 501mg Sodium
This recipe provided was by Eden Foods. For more information about Eden Foods pasta, click here!