Steamed Sole & Vegetables
- 4 Tbs. Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
- 3 Tbs. dry white wine
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger root
- 4 fresh sole fillets, each about 4 oz.
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 3 Tbs. minced green onions and tops, divided
Blend 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, wine, onion powder, sugar and ginger in shallow pan; add fillets, turning to coat both sides well. Let stand 10 minutes; turn over once. Meanwhile, toss carrot and zucchini with remaining soy sauce; pour off excess sauce. Turn vegetables out onto 8-in. round heatproof plate. Remove fillets from marinade; spread out flat and sprinkle with 2 Tbs. green onions. Starting at thinner end, roll up fillet, jellyroll fashion; arrange, seam side down, on vegetables. Place plate on large steamer rack set in large pot or wok of boiling water. (Do not allow water level to reach plate.) Steam, covered, 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with fork. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbs. green onions evenly over fish.
Yield: 4 servings