Sticky Rhubarb Buns
- 1/4 C. cold butter or margarine
- 1/2 C. packed brown sugar
- 1 C. chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/3 C. butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 C. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 C. milk
In a bowl, cut butter into brown sugar until crumbly. Stir in rhubarb. Spoon evenly into 12 well-greased muffin cups; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Spoon over rhubarb mixture, filling cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Yield: 1 dozen