- 1 large daikon (no substitutions, please)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 Tbs. fresh chopped garlic
- 1 Tbs. fresh grated ginger root
- 3 C. sushi vinegar or high quality white vinegar
- 1/2-1 C. sugar or sugar substitute
Wash and peel daikon and carrot. Carrots should be cut in half lengthwise, then large slices. Daikon cut lengthwise in quarters, then cut in large chunky slices. Place in large AIRTIGHT (trust me on this) unbreathable container and add rest of ingredients. Let sit overnight and enjoy the sweet crunch with any meal. Great as a between meal snack. For you pickle lovers, this one is addicting!!