Strawberry, Chicken, and Pecan Spinach Salad Parfaits with Brown Sugar-Bacon Vinaigrette
- 1 C. canola oil
- 1/4 C. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 C. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon or spicy mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 slices cooked bacon, finely crumbled
- 8 C. loosely packed fresh baby spinach
- 8-10 strawberries, sliced
- 2 C. shredded or cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 C. chopped toasted pecans
In a jar with a tight fitting lid, place the canola oil, cider vinegar, light brown sugar, mustard, salt, and crumbled bacon. Place lid on tightly and shake vigorously to combine. Set aside.
Divide half of the spinach evenly between 4 large, clear parfait or sundae glasses, packing into the bottom. Layer half of the strawberry slices evenly on top of the spinach followed by half of the chicken and half of the chopped pecans. Spoon about a tablespoonful (or to liking) of the vinaigrette over the salad, making sure to get the bacon pieces at the bottom. Repeat layers, using the remainder of the spinach, strawberry slices, chicken and pecans. Drizzle with more vinaigrette to liking. Refrigerate any remaining vinaigrette.
* To make these into “Picnic Parfaits”, use 16-ounce plastic cups (preferably clear to see the pretty layers) and cover with saran wrap. Keep cool in an ice chest until serving.