Strawberry Dessert Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 2 C. water
- 1 2/3 C. corn tortilla flour
- 2 C. buttermilk
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/4 c. whipped cream
- 2 mint sprigs
- Combine strawberries and the 1/2 cup sugar. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the water and corn tortilla flour. Whisk; strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Return mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in buttermilk, 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla bean, cinnamon stick, and pureed strawberries. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Cover and chill for 1-2 hours. Before serving, remove vanilla bean and cinnamon stick.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh mint.
Around The Web