String Bean and Potato Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/4 C. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, shredded
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 3/4 lb. red potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb. green beans (trimmed and sliced in half)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/4 C. Kalamata olives, sliced and pitted (optional)
Dressing: Combine vinegar, garlic, pepper, salt, oregano and onion powder; whisk. Add oil, re-whisk and set aside.
Boil potatoes until almost tender; add beans and cook until potatoes are fork tender. Rinse under cold water to stop cooking process – drain well. Once cooled, add to large bowl with onions and most of the dressing. Toss gently so as not to break up potatoes. Chill covered in fridge at least 1 hour. Remove and let come to room temperature before serving. Add remaining dressing and olives and serve.