Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Serving Size / Yield
- Bacon and Cheese:
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, drained, crumbled
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- Dash garlic salt
- 1/3 C. mushroom stems, minced
- 3 Tbs. butter or margarine, melted
- Bleu Cheese:
- 1/2 C. mushroom stems, finely minced
- 1/4 C. green onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 pkg. bleu cheese salad dressing mix
- 2 Tbs. milk
- Crab and Cheese:
- 1 6 oz. pkg. frozen crab, thawed and drained
- 3 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. green onion, chopped
- 1/4 C. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded garnish
- Parmesan cheese, fresh, grated
Select large, firm mushrooms with the underside still tightly closed. Wash in cold water, and dry. Carefully remove stems, and reserve.
Bacon and Cheese
Mix cream cheese, onion, garlic salt, mushroom stems, and bacon. Brush prepared caps with melted butter. Fill, and place in a shallow baking dish with 2-4 Tbs. water. Bake 20-25 minutes, at 350 degrees.
Sauté mushroom stems and onions in butter for 5 minutes. Mix cream cheese, dressing mix, and milk. Mix in onion mixture. Fill prepared caps. Bake 20-25 minutes, at 350 degrees.
Crab and Cheese
Mix all but parmesan cheese. Fill prepared caps. Bake 20-25 minutes, at 350 degrees. Sprinkle with parmesan, and broil 6-8" from heat until cheese is melted.