Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- 2 1/2 C. Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 1 Tbs. butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (about 8 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium green peppers, cut lengthwise into quarters
Mix 1/4 C. stuffing and butter. Set aside. Cook beef and onion in skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Pour off fat. Add tomatoes and corn. Add remaining stuffing. Mix lightly. Arrange peppers in 2-qt. shallow baking dish. Spoon beef mixture over peppers. Cover. Bake at 400 F for 25 min or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with reserved stuffing mixture. Bake 5 min. or until golden.
TIP: To melt butter, remove wrapper and place in microwave-safe C. Cover and microwave on HIGH 30 seconds.