Succulent Swedish Meatballs
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 eggs
- 4 or 5 slices of bread cut up into tiny pieces
- 1 cup of skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1.5 pounds of lean, ground beef
- 1 pound of pork
- 1/3 cup of white flour
- 2 -- 4 tablespoons of cranberry or raspberry jelly
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 quart beef stock
- ½ cup flour
- 6 tablespoons of butter
The grated onion is sautéed in butter until soft. These are then removed from the heat and allowed to cool.
In a bowl, milk and the bread pieces are mixed together and set aside for 20 minutes.
Once the bread soaks up the milk it is processed in a food processor and poured into a large bowl. The onions are then added to the milk ball complete with the other ingredients and mixed well.
On medium heat, the mixture is prepared and cooked until it turns brown.