Sugar-Free Cranberry Walnut Cookies
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup (one stick) butter
- 4 oz cream cheese (can use low fat)
- 2 eggs
- Sugar substitute equal to 1 and 1/2 cups sugar (see below)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup whole cranberries (fresh or frozen; no sugar added)
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Cream butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
Add sweetener, cinnamon, and salt, and beat again. Add eggs, and beat until combined.
Add almond meal, protein powder, and baking soda and combine well.
Mix in cranberries and walnuts.
Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, or one covered with a silicone mat.
Bake about 7 to 9 minutes, until top is just browning. Cool completely before eating
Pro Tip: The size is up to you, but try to avoid large cookies.