Summer Tiramisu With Strawberry And Chestnut Purée
Serving Size / Yield
- 16 oz. can of chestnut purée
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- One egg white
- 2 egg yolks
- 2.5 oz. sugar
- 150 ml. black coffee, strong
- 8 oz. Chopped strawberries
- 3 Tbs. coffee liqueur
- Cocoa powder (for dusting)
1) Beat the egg yolks, sugar, and the cheese together in a large bowl. Beat until softened. Next, add in chestnut purée, and beat well again.
2) Take the egg white and whisk into stiff peaks. Add to the chestnut mixture 1 tablespoon of the egg white, and stir well until combined. Then fold in the remaining of the egg white on to the mixture.
3) Take a shallow dish and mix the liqueur with the coffee. Take 2 tablespoons of chestnut mixture and place it in the bottom of the dish. Top it with some strawberry pieces. Repeat the layers until the strawberries and the chestnut mixture are exhausted.
*Chill the tiramisu overnight for best results.