Sunflower Pistachio Squash Bread
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 C. rice flour
- 1/4 C. crispy rice cereal
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. all-spice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 large bananas, mashed
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 Tbs. almond extract
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 C. sunflower seeds
- 1/4 C. pistachios
- 1/2 C. dried cherries, chopped
- 1 Tbs. cocoa powder
- 1/2 C. oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Spray a bread pan with nonstick cooking spray set aside.
3. Steam squash in a large pot until soft and tender.
4. Meanwhile, combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and then make a well in the center.
5. Remove squash from pot and mash well with a fork.
6. Add eggs, bananas, squash, avocado and oil to the center and combine them before folding into the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine; stir in sunflower seeds, pistachios, dried cherries and cocoa powder.
7. Transfer batter into prepared bread pan.
8. Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Set aside to cool before serving.
Submitted by: Amie Valpone