Sunny Side Up Burger With Guacamole
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- Pinch salt, plus more to taste
- 1 small tomato, cored, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 6 eggs
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 6 soft burger buns (such as Martin's potato rolls), split in half and lightly toasted
- 6 cheese slices
- 6 slices torn green lettuce
- 6 slices beefsteak tomato
- 6 slices red onion
Remove avocado flesh and mash in a large bowl with the lime juice and season with a pinch of salt. Add the tomatoes, onion and cilantro and add more lime juice and salt if needed.
Heat up enough olive oil to cover the bottom of a frying pan. Fry six eggs to sunny side up, about 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle salt to taste.
Lay out burger buns and place one slice of lettuce and cheese on the bottom bun. Spread some guacamole over. Add one tomato slice and top off with one egg. Cover with top bun. Serve with a side of fries or chips.