Serving Size / Yield
- 6 slices lean bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 Tbs. sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (entire scallion)
- 1 sm. Yukon Gold potato, diced small
- 1/4 C. fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 C. shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 C. button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 lg. eggs
- 1 Tbs. milk
In a 12-inch non-stick skillet, brown bacon until crisp, remove to paper towel to drain. Drain off all but 2 Tbs. of grease from pan. Return pan to stove and add onions (sweet and green) and potatoes and cook on medium heat just until potatoes are soft not brown, stirring often.
While that is cooking; Crumble bacon. In a small bowl, mix together the next 6 ingredients and add crumbled bacon, set aside. In another small bowl, scramble eggs with the milk.
To assemble the omelet: Over medium heat, add scrambled eggs to pan with onions and potatoes. Next, add the contents of the bowl with the 6 ingredients and bacon. Do not stir. When eggs are set (eggs are not runny), carefully flip omelet in half. Cook another 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.