Super Good Creamy Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 C. cooked, cubed chicken breast
- 1 lg. carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 lg. potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 C. frozen peas, thawed
- 4 oz. cream cheese (light is okay)
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1 C. chicken broth
- 1 pre-made refrigerated pie crust, thawed at room temperature
Put all vegetables, except for the peas, into a microwave bowl. Add a little water (a few Tbs). Have a lid loosely over bowl and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes depending on your microwave. You want the vegetables to be almost soft. When done, stir in the cooked, cubed chicken.
In a skillet, melt butter and cream cheese together over medium heat. Add flour and keep stirring to prevent scorching. Allow flour to be cooked for about a minute. Then slowly add chicken broth. Using a whisk, stir until mixture becomes thickened.
Add the sauce to the chicken/vegetable mix and pour into a pie pan.
Cover with refrigerated crust and make 4 slits to allow steam to vent. Cook at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until crust is browned.