Surdyk's Greek Orzo Salad
- 1-1/4 C. dried orzo (rosamarina) (8 oz.)
- 8 oz. feta cheese, cubed or coarsely crumbled
- 1 C. chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 C. chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 Tbs. snipped fresh basil
- 1 Tbs. snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 C. olive oil
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. snipped fresh oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cover; chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. Add feta, tomatoes, olives, basil, and parsley to the chilled pasta; stir to combine. For dressing: In a jar with a screw-top lid, place olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano. Shake vigorously to combine. Pour dressing over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Cover; chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours.
Makes 6 main-dish servings.