Sweet 'N' Tangy Lentils and Rice
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 7-oz. bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/3 C. minced fresh or 1 1/2 Tbs. dried cilantro
- 3 Tbs. chopped ripe olives
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 C. water
- 1 3/4 C. lentils
- 3/4 C. sliced green onions
- 1/3 C. mango chutney
- 3 Tbs. honey
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 3 C. hot cooked rice,cooked without salt or fat
- cilantro sprigs, optional
Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Cover and set aside.
Combine water, lentils and green onions in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in chutney, honey and mustard; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
Spoon 1/2 cup rice onto each of 6 plates; top evenly with lentil mixture. Spoon bell pepper mixture evenly over lentil mixture. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.