Sweet Potato & Pecan Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 lg. sweet onion, coarsely chopped (about 2 C.)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 C. Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 lg. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1 C. heavy cream
- 3 Tbs. thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 C. pecans, toasted and chopped
Heat the butter in a 6-quart saucepot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are tender.
Add the broth, bay leaves, black pepper and potatoes. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Discard the bay leaves.
Add 1/2 cup of the cream and heat through.
Place 1/3 of the broth mixture into a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a large bowl. Repeat the blending process twice more with the remaining broth mixture. Return all of the puréed mixture to the saucepot. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until hot. Season to taste.
Prepare the Chive Chantilly. Serve the soup with Chive Chantilly and sprinkle with the pecans.
Chive Chantilly: Beat the remaining heavy cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in the chives.
This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do.