Sweet Teriyaki Asian Stir Fry with Brussels Sprouts, Walnuts, and Shallots
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/4 to 1/3 C. teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 C. shallots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled ginger
- 1 jalapeño, sliced into rings
- 1/2 C. walnuts, roughly chopped
Whisk the teriyaki sauce with the rice vinegar in a bowl and set aside.
Heat half of the oil in a large wok over medium-high heat and add the Brussels sprouts. After about 3-4 minutes when they're golden brown, cover and cook until they're crisp but still tender. When cooked, transfer to a bowl and place int he microwave to stay warm.
Heat remaining oil in skilllet, and add shallots, garlic, ginger, and cook until fragrant. Ensure not to burn, so lower the heat if you need to. Add the jalapeno and cook for 2 more minutes, tossing throughout.
Add the chopped walnuts and Brussels sprouts. Cook until the walnuts just begin to toast. Immediately remove from heat and add the sauce. Toss until well-coated and serve.