Tandoori Shrimp Skewers
20 min preparation + 5 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 3/4 C. plain yogurt
- 1/4 C. cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Indian curry powder
- 2 lbs. raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Combine the yogurt, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, ginger, garlic and curry powder in a small bowl and stir well.
- Place the shrimp into a gallon zip-top bag and pour the yogurt mixture over the shrimp.
- Close the bag and squeeze gently to distribute the yogurt mixture among the shrimp.
- Allow shrimp to marinate for at least 15 minutes but no longer than an hour.
- Skewer two shrimp onto bamboo skewers (soak skewers before using to reduce burning) and grill over medium heat for 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn opaque.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges and cilantro leaves to garnish.
Recipe provided by Erin Dow, Expert Chef, Guiding Stars Licensing Company
Around The Web