Tangerine Praline Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- 5 lg. sweet potatoes, cooked and smashed
- 2 sm. tangerine juice & zest
- 1/4 C. orange liqueur
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. chinese five spice powder
- 1-2 pinches nutmeg
- 1 can sweet condensed milk
- 2 lg. eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 stick butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 C. brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 C. pecans, chopped
- 1 sm. container cinnamon crunch cereal, smashed
In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, 1/2 of the brown sugar, eggs, butter, five spice, nutmeg, sweet condensed milk, orange liqueur, vanilla extract, tangerine juice and zest. whip until smooth.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Transfer mixture to a 9 X 11 buttered casserole dish. In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon crunch cereal, pecans. Add butter and mix until the mixture is coarsely crumbled. Add the topping over the sweet potato mixture then evenly distribute the topping.
Bake uncovered for thirty minutes or until the crumble is golden brown.