Tart Cucumber Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbs. fresh dill
- 2 Tbs. chives
- 1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
1) Begin by preparing the cucumbers. In order to get the salad to the desired texture, it is important to get the excess moisture out of the cucumber. Cut the cucumbers into slices about 1/8 inch thick.
2) Place a colander over a large serving bowl. Pour the chopped cucumbers into the colander. Add the salt and toss to coat the cucumbers. Allow the cucumbers to sit in the colander for 1 hour to dry the cucumbers out.
3) Cover your counter top with paper towels. Take the cucumbers from the colander and place them side by side on the paper towel. Take another paper towel and cover the cucumbers. Press down on the paper towel to squeeze any excess moisture from the cucumbers. Pour the water from the serving bowl and wipe it dry.
4) In the serving bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, salt, dill, chives, white wine vinegar, and pepper. Stir until it is fully incorporated. Next, add the cucumbers. Stir so that the cucumbers are covered. This salad can be served immediately or can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Just be sure to cover the bowl if you are serving later.
(photo credit: http://paleoaholic.com/paleo/paleo-cucumber-salad/)