Thai Chicken Sliders
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts,
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbs. water or milk
- 1 C. panko breadcrumbs (should be available in the international section of your market)
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 C. sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/3 C. fresh cilantro, chopped (if you don't like cilantro you may substitute parsley)
- 16 slider rolls
Pound the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic until they're 1/2 inch thick. Cut them into slider-sized portions. Used a cookie cutter if necessary. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
In a shallow dish, whisk the egg and milk or water. In another, add the Panko. Dip the chicken into the eggwash and then the Panko. Saute the chicken in a skillet with vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
Assemble the sliders by placing the finished chicken on the bun, then top with Thai chili sauce, some cilantro, and arugula. Serve immediately.