The California Sandwich
- 3 Tbs. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 leaves, romaine or red leaf lettuce
- 3/4 lb. thinly sliced turkey breast
- 1 1/2 C. alfalfa sprouts
- 1 medium mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 strawberries
Spread 1 Tbs. cream cheese on each bread slice. Place 1 lettuce leaf over cream cheese. Divide turkey breast evenly and place over lettuce. Arrange alfalfa sprouts over turkey, top with mango and pear slices and garnish each open-face sandwich with a strawberry.
Variation: You can also used thinly slice chicken breast.