The Easiest Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pudding EVER
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 C. milk, fresh
- 1/4 C. butter
- 1/2 C. sugar, white
- 1/4 C. creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbs. cocoa powder
- 1 C. almonds, whole
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla, extract
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
1) Combine the cornstarch with some portion of the milk and stir. Add in the eggs to this mixture and blend until smooth. Add the remaining milk gradually when stirring, and then add the sugar.
2) Separate the mixture into two equal portions into two small bowls. In one bowl, add the cocoa powder,mix and place in the microwave to cook for ten minutes
3) Once it is removed, add in the vanilla extract and almonds then stir well before bringing in butter. With the second portion, add peanut butter and follow the same microwaving pattern described below.
4) This mixture is again cooked in the microwave for another ten minutes. Remove the pudding and use a mixer to stir until it thickens enough.
5) Once thickened, refrigerate each portion for at least one hour before serving.
6) To serve, layer the chocolate and peanut butter puddings, tops with whipped cream.
(photo cred: http://theitaliandish.blogspot.com/2009/04/chocolate-and-peanut-butter-pudding.html)