The Healthy Burger
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1/2 C. finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 C. finely sliced green onion
- 1/4 C. soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- dash pepper
- 3/4 lb. lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1/4 C. Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- lettuce leaves, optional
- shredded or thinly sliced zucchini, optional
- sliced tomato, optional
Stir together milk, carrot, green onion, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper in medium mixing bowl. Add ground turkey; mix well. Shape the mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Lightly grease the grill rack.
For a charcoal grill, place patties on the greased grill rack directly over medium-hot coals. Grill, uncovered, about 12 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F, turning once.
For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-hot. Place patties on grill rack; cover and grill patties as directed in step 2.
Meanwhile, stir together mustard and curry powder.
Serve patties on buns topped with optional toppings if desired.