The Miracle Carb Diet's Grilled Tex-Mex Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 ears corn, husked (silk removed)
- 1/2 C. onion, finely chopped
- 1 8-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (save seeds for extra heat)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 C. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 C. lime juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Place the corn on a grill or grill pan and roast, turning often until it becomes golden brown on the outside. Alternatively, boil the corn.
When the corn has cooled, cut the kernels off into a bowl.
Add the onion, beans, jalapeno, pepper, and tomatoes, and set aside.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour over the veggie mixture and toss. Let sit in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight before serving.
For more delicious low carb, high-fiber recipes check out The Miracle Carb Diet!