Tofu and Eggplant Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 3/4 lb Japanese eggplant (about 3 cups sliced)
- 1/4 lb tofu Peanut Oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 to 5 red chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 10 to 15 sweet basil leaves
- 3 Tbs yellow bean sauce
- 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 23 oz canned tomato juice
- 3 Tbs sugar.
Heat tomatoes, sugar and tomato juice in pot up to a boil, then remove from heat.
Slice un-peeled eggplant crosswise into eighth-inch slices.
Cut tofu into half-inch cubes. Heat oil in skillet; add garlic and stir-fry until light brown.
Add eggplant and tofu and cook for 6 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; mix gently.
Combine with tomato soup and serve immediately.