- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. corn starch
- 1 C. water
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 1 Tbs. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 12-oz. bag broccoli florets, cut into uniform pieces
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 1 med. red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15-oz. bag extra firm tofu, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
In small bowl, with whisk, mix soy sauce, brown sugar, corn starch and water until blended; set aside.
In deep nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper and cook, stirring frequently (stir-frying)m 30 seconds. Add broccoli, mushrooms an dred pepper and cook, covered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add tofu and green onions and cook, uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir soy-sauce mixture to blend and add to skillet; heat to boiling. Boil, stirring, 1 minute.
Each serving: About 225 calories, 16g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 9g total fat (1g sat.), 0mg cholesterol, 775mg sodium.