Tomatillo Salsa With Cilantro
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 lb. tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 C. cilantro, minced
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- salt to taste
1) Heat the oven to 375°. Spread a sheet of tinfoil on a baking tray.
2) Cut the tomatillos in half and place on the baking sheet, cut side down. The garlic should be added to the tray. Roast for 10 minutes or until they are starting to char on the outside.
3) In the blender, blend the tomatillos, lime juice, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and sugar until everything is finely chopped. Store the salsa in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze it in a sealed Ziploc bag with the air pressed out. Serve with meat of any kind or a vegetable dish.