Tomato and Cheese Tortellini Bisque (For A Crowd)
- 1 2.4-oz. envelope dry tomato basil soup mix
- 1 28-oz. can whole plum Tomatoes, cut up and UNdrained
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, UNdrained
- 1/3 C. snipped dried tomatoes
- 1 C. sliced scallions (optional)
- 1 C. chopped green peppers, fresh or frozen (optional)
- 3 C. water
- 2 14.5-oz. cans chicken broth
- 2 lbs. cheese tortellini
- 3 C. whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
In a 5-6 qt. slow cooker, combine and cook the first 8 ingredients (dry soup mix through chicken broth) on low overnight. In the morning, cook the tortellini according to directions. Drain and add the whipping cream. Add the tortellini and whipping cream to the slow cooker. Mix well and warm through.
Optional: Garnish with sliced fresh basil leaves and balsamic vinegar before serving.