Serving Size / Yield
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 C. thinly sliced green onions
- 4 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) French bread, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, 2 Tbs. oil, basil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper; set aside.
Lightly brush both sides of the bread slices with remaining oil. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Rub garlic over bread slices. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with tomato mixture.