Serving Size / Yield
- cooking spray
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 C. egg substitute
- 2 med. plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C. shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbs. grate Parmesan cheese
- 4 sm. fresh basil leaves or 1 tsp. crushed dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. dried garlic powder, optional
- ground black pepper to taste
Preheat broiler. Lightly coat a 9-inch ovenproof nonstick saute pan with cooking spray. Add scallion and saute over medium heat for 1 minute, until wilted. Add egg substitute and turn heat to medium-low. Arrange tomato slices in overlapping layers on top of egg. Cover with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle with basil, garlic and pepper.
Cook until bottom is just set and top is stillwet, 4 to 5 minutes. Place pan under the broiler until top is puffed, sizzling and set, 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove from broiler, and using a plastic spatula, slide frittata onto a serving platter. Cut into 4 wedges.