Tomato Ham & Asparagus Baked Eggs
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 C. HoneyBaked Ham, diced
- 1/4 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- 2 C. ready-cut tomatoes with juices
- parsley sprigs
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2/3 C. Romano cheese, grated
- 12 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet over medium heat sauté the onion in olive oil for 7 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Add the ham, red pepper, tomato, salt and pepper to the skillet and continue to cook until most of the liquid is absorbed (About 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and divide among 4 shallow 5-6 inch greased casseroles or ramekins.
- Make a small well in the middle of the sauce in each dish and break 2 eggs into each dish. (8 total)
- Divide among the 4 dishes and sprinkle the Romano cheese over the eggs.
- Meanwhile, trim, cut the asparagus into 2 inch pieces and place in a microwave safe container.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes. Divide and arrange on top of the eggs.
- Season with a little fresh ground pepper and cover each with aluminum foil. Bake until eggs are almost set. Approximately 8 minutes.
- Serve garnished with Italian parsley sprigs.
Around The Web