- 1 qt. tortilla chips (4 oz.)
- 1 qt. shredded lettuce
- 1 (8 3/4 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 C. chopped green onion
- 1 C. grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 C. pitted ripe olives, drained, halved
- Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe follows)
- 1/2 C. dairy sour cream
Divide chips equally among 4 serving plates, about 1 C. each. Top each with 1/4 of the lettuce, kidney beans, tomato, green onion, cheese and olives, in that order. Drizzle with a little vinaigrette dressing. Dollop each with 2 Tbs. sour cream. Pass remaining dressing.
Spicy Vinaigrette Dressing
In small jar, combine 1/2 C. vegetable oil with 1/3 C. white vinegar, 2 Tbs. sugar, 1/4 tsp. each marjoram (crumbled), thyme (crumbled), tarragon (crumbled) and 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. chili powder.
Makes about 1 cup.
Makes 4 servings.