Traditional Irish Boxty Potato Pancakes with Kale
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 lg. baking potatoes, peeled and roughly diced
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 med. eggs
- 1 C. chopped kale, steamed and thoroughly dried
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. butter, chopped finely
Boil potato pieces in a large stockpot filled with water and liberally salted over high heat. Mash potatoes after 8 minutes of cooking. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the remaining ingredients. Mix well and remove from heat.
Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, and add the butter to coat the bottom. Cook 4-5 golf ball sized dollops of batter in the pan for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.