Tresa's Mexican Casserole Ole'
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I use Rotel)
- 1 7 oz. can chopped green chilies, or 3/4 C. green verde
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 oz. container sour cream
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 14 oz. bag tortilla chips, crushed in big pieces
- 1 8 oz. bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 16 oz. bag shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
Poach chicken with salt and pepper until done. Cool and shred chicken. In a large bowl, mix chicken, cumin, diced tomatoes, chilies, soup, sour cream, onions and Monterrey Jack cheese. In a sprayed 9x13 inch pan, put 2 handfuls of chips so it covers the bottom of the pan. Pour about 1 cup of chicken mixture on top (enough to cover chips). Top with a handful of cheese (enough to cover mixture). Repeat layers until all is used. End with the soup mixture (save some cheese to top later). Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Add the rest of cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes until cheese is melted.