Tri-Color Tomato and Artichoke Salad
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 (6 1/2 oz. each) jars marinated artichoke hears, drained, marinade reserved
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 head fennel, approx. 3 in. wide
- 6 C. cherry tomatoes, mixed colors, rinsed and drained
- 1 C. kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 C. fresh basil leaves, lightly packed and rinsed
- 1/2 C. red onion, slivered
In a shallow bowl, whisk 1/4 C. artichoke marinade, vinegar, mustard, and garlic. Rinse and drain the fennel. Trim off and discard the remaining stalks, root end, and any bruised areas. Cut the head in half lengthwise and then cut each half into paper-thin slices.
Combine the fennel, tomatoes, olives, basil, onion, and artichokes into the dressing bowl. Mix gently to coat. Season with pepper to taste.